Dating takes time, emotional energy, and effort. And as a professional, you probably don’t have any of those things to spare. Luckily, there are dating sites out there that can help.
The Best Christian Dating Sites in Australia
As more than half of the population of Australia is Christian, you can be sure that there are many Christian singles signing up to online dating sites. Sites like Zoosk, EliteSingles, Match.com, RSVP, and SilverSingles all offer the option to search for potential matches based on religion, so you’ll have no problem narrowing down your options and finding suitable Christian matches who meet your criteria.
Here are the best dating sites for Christian singles in Australia.
Zoosk is one of the most popular online dating sites in the world, with 40 million global members and 2 million members located in Australia. While Zoosk doesn’t offer actual statistics in terms of its success rate, its ever-growing membership base speaks for itself. Australian singles are flocking to Zoosk in hopes of making real connections.
You’ll appreciate Zoosk’s search function, which allows you to search for potential matches based on religion. Just go to Advanced Search, and under the Religion section, check off Christian. This will immediately allow you to search for members who fit your search criteria.
There are many additional search parameters you can set, such as smoking, education, and body type.
In addition to advanced search features, here are some other features you can enjoy when you sign up to Zoosk:
- Match by location: Zoosk immediately determines that you are located in Australia and suggests singles located near your postcode. You can also expand your search, but it starts out with this basic feature.
- Carousel: This is where the swiping takes place. The carousel allows you to review matches quickly and swipe through until you find someone who looks interesting.
- Behavioral Matchmaking™ technology: The site is constantly learning from your choices and preferences in order to find more suitable suggestions for you.
- Communication tools: Tools include messaging, instant messaging, and sending a smile, like or gift.
- Free and paid membership plans
Match is one of the world’s largest online matchmaking sites, with 30 million members around the globe and 1 million members in Australia, 55% of whom are male and 45% female.
Match is considered one of the best Christian dating sites in Australia, not only because of its large membership, but because when you fill out your profile, you can specify that you’re looking for a Christian partner. You can also check off whether religious beliefs are a “deal breaker” or not.
Match is so confident that members will find partners, it offers Australian singles a Match Guarantee Program, which means that if you sign up for a 6-month membership plan and comply with the program’s guidelines and you still don’t find a match, the company will give you another 6-month membership for free.
Here are some of the features that make Match so successful:
- Matches: Receive daily matches from the site based on your profile and preferences. You can also search for reverse matches (people who are looking for someone like you even if they don’t fit your criteria), mutual matches, and use customized search filters to find potential partners.
- Detailed, but not difficult, signup process: The site can learn as much as possible about you in order to find suitable matches. The process can take a few minutes but consists of simple questions in which you tell the site what you’re looking for.
- Profile Pro: If filling out the free-form question part of your profile is hard for you, you can pay an additional fee and have a Profile Pro write up your profile for you.
- Communication tools: These include winks, email, instant messaging, photo messaging, MatchPhone, and more.
EliteSingles prides itself as a dating site for professionals and boasts 30,000 new Australian members every month. While the site is open to everyone, Christian singles in Australia can mark off in their initial questionnaire that they are looking for other Christians, and how important it is that their partner share the same religion. 74% of EliteSingles members in Australia say religion is important to them.
Once you continue to fill out the registration questionnaire, you’ll see how EliteSingles differs from other dating sites. It asks 200+ detailed questions about your personality and preferences, and then uses a patented method of matchmaking based on the Big 5 Model of Personality. Personalized matchmaking means that instead of searching for matches yourself, you let the website do it for you. It also means that the monthly cost is higher than other sites who don’t use this patented method.
Features of EliteSingles include:
- 3-7 potential matches emailed to you everyday.
- A success rate of new connections every 8 minutes.
- Total security and privacy including SSL encryption technology, a manual verification process, and a dedicated anti-fraud team.
- Communication tools including smiles, likes, comments, and messages.
- Free and paid membership plans - though you can’t do much with the free plan.
SilverSingles is a mature online dating site for singles 50+. Because of its niche audience, it tends to have a smaller user base than other dating sites. In addition to mature dating, it’s also a site for people who are looking for long-term relationships.
When you sign up, you’ll be asked to complete a detailed question sequence, including the question about what religion you would like your partner to be and how important religion is to you. When you browse manually on the site, you can also set your search parameters to find only Christian members.
Additional features of SilverSingles include:
- Detailed, time-consuming sign-up process, which is important since it helps you find the most suitable matches.
- Free and paid membership plans, though you can’t do much with the free plan.
- State-of-the-art SSL security to ensure the safety of personal and financial information.
- Communication tools including icebreakers, flirts, smiles, messages, and email.
RSVP is Australia’s largest online dating site, with 1,200 new members every day and numerous success stories. The signup process is quick and easy, and once your profile has been created, you can search for members based on a number of parameters. Search filters include religion & politics, career & education, and lifestyle among others. When you do a manual search and input your preferences, you can check off that you’re looking for a Christian partner.
RSVP slants toward a younger crowd, with about 50% of its members between ages 26-40, and is roughly 50/50 in terms of male to female ratio. Other features include:
- Quick registration: You can sign up to RSVP for free in less than a minute. If you opt for a paid subscription, it will take 1 minute more. There aren’t a lot of questions on the site, and you have full freedom to browse through members’ profiles.
- Communication tools: These include kisses, personalized messages, and more.
- Extensive search filters: You’ll have the ability to search by members’ religion and can filter out inactive members.
- Live singles events are held all over Australia.
Taking Advantage of Christian Dating Sites in Australia
If you’ve been pushing off online dating because you think you won’t find potential partners who are Christian, it may be time to reconsider. With over half of Australia’s population identifying as Christians and about 6 million singles, there’s a good chance you’ll find someone on one of Australia’s best Christian dating sites.